Individual Retirement Account (IRA)
You're working hard to get where you're going. Make sure your money does, too.
An IRA is a great way to put money away for the future and save on taxes now. North American State Bank IRAs earn a premium rate of interest while you save for your future. Even better, it's as easy to open, fund and manage.
North American State Bank offers Traditional, Roth, SEP (Simplified Employee Pension) and Educational IRA’s *. We also accept IRA Transfers, Rollovers, and Direct Rollovers from your 401k.
Contact us to discuss how a North American State Bank IRA can be part of your retirement plan.
*Consult a tax advisor to determine which IRA vehicle is best for you.
Health Savings Account (HSA)
The rising costs of healthcare make our Health Savings Account (HSA) a timely and smart solution.
Instead of relying solely on your traditional health insurance plan, open a tax-advantaged medical savings account, which lets you pay for any qualified medical expense. Available to anyone enrolled in a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP), our HSA enables you to save money, on a tax-free basis, to pay for current and future qualified medical expenses. Unlike a Flexible Spending Account, your funds in an HSA roll over and accumulate from year to year, giving you greater flexibility and control. The Advantages:
- Save on health insurance premiums
- Reduce your taxable income
- Use to pay for eligible medical expenses (i.e. prescriptions, preventative care, dental and vision care, and qualified over-the-counter medications)
- Your HSA is portable—it follows you through changes in employment or insurance coverage
- Roll balances over from year to year—there are no “use-it-or-lose-it” rules
Who is Eligible? Anyone:
- Currently enrolled in a qualified HDHP
- Not covered by any other health plan
- Not enrolled in Medicare
- Not claimed as a dependent on someone else’s tax return
Our HSA offers:
- Competitive, tiered interest-bearing checking account
- Free Debit Card
- Free Online Banking
- Free E-Statements
- Unlimited debit card transactions
- Unlimited check writing privileges
- Minimum opening deposit of $100 waived if regular ACH deposits are established at account opening
Contact us to discover how adding an HSA to your healthcare plan benefits you.